[TowerTalk] Building Top Vertical

Doug Rehman doug at k4ac.com
Thu Jul 30 17:55:04 PDT 2009

Thanks to all for the suggestions both on the list and direct.

The key to the situation is that it must be a plain vertical antenna (no
guys, etc.).

It looks like about the only solution is going to be a 23' marine HF
vertical (probably a Shakespeare unless someone points me in the direction
of a better version). They are already designed to be mounted on a vertical
surface and have a stabilizer that mounts higher than the base.

I can't find a survival wind speed for the antenna, but figuring the abuse
the antenna is designed to withstand it is probably more than sufficient.

Doug
K4AC