[TowerTalk] re Unique Wire Tuner

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 16:10:12 PDT 2009

Nice coincidence that this should come up now.  I bought what must be
one of the early models in the flea market at Dayton this year.  I put
the coil in series and the cap to ground and added doorknobs to bring
the cap up to 2000 to 3000 pF, tuned it to match my inverted L to 50
ohms at 1.985 and put it out at the feedpoint in a plastic tub.

I used the doorknobs because they were what I had on hand and I could
bolt them to the front panel hi hi

It's a great L network tuner for 160 now for a lot less than anything
I could have bought new.

73

Rob  K5UJ