[TowerTalk] Professional HF curtain arrays

Dan Hearn n5ar at air-pipe.com
Sun Mar 1 08:10:30 PST 2009

John: I was faced with a similar problem in handling the gamma match wire
connection to a horizontal arm on my 131 ft crankup tower. I was concerned
that the flexing of the wire would ultimately cause a break at that point.
My solution was to connect the wire to a small egg insulator. The other end
of the insulator used a short length of dachron rope to the arm. A strip of
flat beryllium copper spring material bridged across the insulator and rope.
providing electrical continuity. I have had no problem with this in 8 years.
I think the same thing would work with Quad antenna wires.
73, Dan, N5AR