[TowerTalk] lightning protection

Michael Germino ad6aa at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 1 19:05:57 PST 2009

I guess how much protection you plan, depends on how much lighting happens in your area.  I have yet to see a "text book lighting protection" setup in my area.  Seems like most people around here just ground their tower with one to three rods and forget it.

My parents have liked in their house on the ranch for 50 years and have lost their TV once.

My tower is in the planning stage.  I'm going to do more than the One to three ground rods, but I don't plan on spending a lot of time on lighting protection.

In the Central Valley of California.

Mike
AD6AA