[TowerTalk] cage dipole

Michael Germino ad6aa at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 4 10:35:09 PST 2009

I suspect under certain conditions the cage antenna, with a voice mode, will hear better than a regular dipole.  It would be interesting to compare.  Under rapid fading the extra wire may act like "diversity reception" even though the wires are not separated by much.

Just as a Amp will sometimes sound louder than the theoretical increase in signal strength.  I suspect that sometimes rapid fading can take out a syllable or two in a word and a Amp or extra wire, as in a Quad can save that syllable.

I said suspect and most certainly didn't say 12db, so take it easy on me.

Mike
AD6AA