[TowerTalk] Antenna Analyzer Suggestions Solicited

Steve Hunt steve at karinya.net
Fri Mar 6 05:17:52 PST 2009

I have the MFJ259B and the Palstar ZM30. These are what I see as the
relative advantages:

* Better constructed
* More frequency stable - synthesized
* Field programmable for software updates

* Wider frequency range
* Analogue meters are more useful for some operations
* Returns to the previous frequency when switched off and on.

Next purchase will likely be the AIM 4170, but I will probably use it as
a "bench instrument" rather than something to use out in the antenna field.

Steve G3TXQ