[TowerTalk] Buying 6" sections of Alum tubing

W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Fri Mar 13 17:55:20 PDT 2009

DXE provides full instructions and what pieces of tubing to use.  The bottom
12 ft alternates between 2 and 2 1/4 inch tubing to the 12 ft level.

DXE also sells 3 and 6ft tubing with slits or no slits.  Maybe cheaper than
TT.

I have not priced out buying the parts separately nor have I inquired if
there might be a discount if one purchased 4 complete kits for a 4 sq.

I have been very impressed with the quality of the other DXE products I have
purchased which includes two receiving 4 squares that work great and various
other parts.

I was considering building my own and using rivets instead of SS clamps.

The material is not ordinary 6061 it is extruded 6063 which they say is
stronger etc.

I was looking at using a different earth anchor called duckbills from
http://www.earthanchor.com/ instead of the screw in anchors.  You might be
able to rope cheaper but then you may pay additional shipping over using a
single source.

As for Hygain.  No thanks.  I avoid buying from that company when possible.

never get over." Ben Franklin