[TowerTalk] phased vertical follow up

jim Jarvis jimjarvis at optonline.net
Sat Mar 14 04:31:11 PDT 2009

In the "all threads drift astray, eventually" department...

N7MAL wrote:
"A friend of mine asked me about the 14AVQ vertical. I wanted to
re-familiarize myself so I looked it up on the Hy-Gain website. At the
bottom of the manual is a Hy-Gain addendum. It is anything &
everything you
ever wanted to know about phasing multi-band verticals."

To which I will append:  The best thing I ever did with a 14AVQ was
convert it
to a 33' tapered piece of aluminum, and put it on top of a 50' pole
with 4
radials.   It was a killer on 40m, holding regular skeds with hong kong.

The insulated base is convenient.   The traps ... well, can we say IR
loss?

n2ea