[TowerTalk] roof mount Tripod

W5CPT w5cpt at bellsouth.net
Sat Mar 14 08:56:28 PDT 2009

Oh Yah!

When I lived in Dallas TX, I had a Ham II mounted in the attic with the mast extending up through the roof where my 5L 6M & 10L 2M beam were mounted.  When I turned it EVERYONE in the house knew.  Also I had 40' of Rohn 25G mounted with a House Bracket with a 16' boom Sommers antenna on it and it could be heard even when not turning.  Every gust of wind caused it to moan and groan and whistle, and like the 6&2 combo, everyone knew when it was turning.

When I moved back home to Kentucky, I made sure all my antennas were NOT affixed to my house, other than by cable..

YMMV

Clint - W5CPT