[TowerTalk] Vertical in pond

W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Tue Mar 17 19:16:48 PDT 2009

I don't have any proof either but my tower/antennas in Colorado sits in an
area where we have a small creek running through the property.  We have
water constantly in a pond so there is always water close to the ground.  My
station in Montana sits next to the Yellowstone river and we are on top of
the Yellowstone Aquifer and the static water level in our well is 23-27
feet.

Both stations get out exceptionally well for having towers under 70ft and
wire antennas for the lowbands.

The Yellowstone water is moderate on sediment but there is some salinity in
the water in the area.  Most everyone of the "experts" have said it doesn't
make any difference.

Montana adds a few DB on its' own.  Think loud be loud?

CC Packet Cluster W0MU-1
W0MU.NET or  67.40.148.194

never get over." Ben Franklin