[TowerTalk] Towers, real estate values and health hazards

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 17 22:04:22 PDT 2009

CRAIG CLARK wrote:
> Yet again, the local paper is filled with letters decrying a drop in real
> estate values as well as potential health hazards from the installation of a
> cell tower in a residential area.
>
> I'm looking for references that will either prove or disprove these "facts."

The value change or the RF effects?

> My radiation bio-effects data from my Ham Radio Magazine days is a bit dated
> and I am looking for newer studies. Also, regarding real estate, I know
> several here have had their own battles with Ham towers and I wonder if
> you'd have anything about your ham towers and did they effect real estate
> prices.

ARRL website has a good summary of RF effects by Greg Lapin.  It hasn't
changed much with new research and analysis, at least for HF.  Get up
into 1GHz range, and hold the antenna next to your head, and the data
has changed (not the biological effects, but the absorption and exposure
models are better now)