[TowerTalk] Amphenol PL259

Roger (K8RI) K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Mon May 4 23:11:54 PDT 2009

Paul Christensen wrote:
> K8RI: > In all my years I have never seen any one attach a reducer
> like that.
>
> Roger, in all your years, you must have seen this procedure in the
> ARRL Antenna Book and ARRL Handbook.  A sample of the the reducer
> installation diagram and process I'm referring to is exemplified here:

Actually..No.
I was shown how to solder PL259s before ever owning a Handbook and never
bothered to pay attention to that section.  With handbooks and
directions I tend to read by need and specific topic. IOW if I'm
configuring a new OS and have a problem with getting it to connect using
static IPs through a server, that is what I look up.  I rarely read
technical manuals other than for specific items or procedures. <:-))