[TowerTalk] Bill in the House

jim Jarvis jimjarvis at optonline.net
Wed May 6 12:54:13 PDT 2009

The topic, while political, IS relevant here.

And, as someone observed, since disasters tend to be local, the
resulting
legislation could work against regulations permitting useful
structures for
international dx work, just as easily as working in our favor.

I might observe that localized disaster communications could involve
digital store and forward messaging,  particularly for health and
welfare.
In turn, that could best be served by regional stations...
communicating from A to B
might best be done via C,  depending on propagation, terrain, and
local conditions.

Without getting detailed...  I would submit that monitoring this bill is
a worthwhile effort.

I would, however, ask discussion be limited to executive summaries of
progress,
rather than full narrative exposition, followed by debate over topic
relevance.

Is that possible, or am I an foolish optimist?

N2EA/Jim