[TowerTalk] Request Info On Multibabnd Vertical

Edward Sylvester navydude1962 at yahoo.com
Sat May 9 21:13:03 PDT 2009

Interested in a installing wire vertical at a temporary QTH.  Been looking at the 43' All band Verticals.  Why was this length chosen?  Would I be better served if I were to make it longer?  I have a tree branch 70' tall to hang it from....An Inv Vee or dipole are not options here, as it needs to be stealthy...

Will still use an UNUN with a choked feedline to a wide range tuner.  Look forward to your responses.

73,
Ed NI6S

PS:  I suspect 43' is a happy medium to make to make the SWR reasonable on all bands, through the UnUn/Tuner.  Was also contemplating an auto tuner at the base, but an UnUn will alow me to use the amp, unless I fork out $1k for an auto tuner capable of handling >500w.