[TowerTalk] Moving the heavy tower

Roger (K8RI) K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Mon May 11 22:02:09 PDT 2009

Michael Ryan wrote:
> That's about what it would cost to rent a boat trailer...very reasonable.  -
> Mike

Years ago we used to take our wagon boxes off the frame (take out a
couple of bolts and they lifted right off). That left a shallow H-frame
at the front and rear for hauling poles.  There was a stringer (I've
forgotten the proper name for it) between the front and rear wheels.
This thing could be adjusted or replaced with a longer (or shorter)
piece so the length was adjustable.  The front H-frame was on a pivot so
it stayed straight even though the wheels turned with the tongue.  Of
course that's what made backing up a wagon so interesting<:-))  This
sounds similar to that they are using to haul irrigation pipe out in
California.  We added hitches to the front ends of the tractors so
backing up the wagons wasn't quite as interesting.

73

Roger (K8RI)