[TowerTalk] TV Channels 2-6 Post Transition

donmar1234 at aol.com donmar1234 at aol.com
Sat May 16 19:54:23 PDT 2009

There are?20?Full Power TV stations listed for channels 2-6 post transition and many Low Power TV stations. You can download the list from the FCC here:? www.dtv.gov?? lower rhs of the page.

73,
Don
KW7R

------------------------------

Message: 6
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 16:37:34 -0400
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] New TV antennas
To: Jim Brown <jim at audiosystemsgroup.com>
Cc: Tower Talk List <towertalk at contesting.com>

Jim Brown wrote:
> On Sat, 16 May 2009 04:01:22 -0400, Roger (K8RI) wrote:
>

>> Even here in Michigan we will have at least two active digital stations
>> on Ch 2.  Nation wide I believe there will be on the order of 20-30.
>>

> That is not accurate. Most broadcasters are abondoning Ch 2-6 channels

That map is quite different from the FCC channel listing I looked at
about a month ago. Although they do have channel 2 showing up in the
Kalamazoo area.

There was a table showing present, or rather pre-change date channels
before they changed the date and the  projected channels. That to was
quite different than what I have seen on the FCC page.

They also had a Saginaw station with is currently about 12 miles from
me, *currently* located in Badax which is way over in the thumb.
> because, during the first years of DTV, they learned that the impulse noise
> in this frequency range seriously degrades DTV performance.
That used to be a problem but I doubt it is much of a one at present
except maybe in Chicago.  The big problem is propagation which could be
a big problem with digital.