[TowerTalk] lmr-400 and lmr-600 crimpers

Marlon K. Schafer ooe at odessaoffice.com
Mon May 18 09:41:14 PDT 2009

www.electro-comm.com

I've cc'd Lee for you.  He's great!

My LMR 400 crimper is a Klein unit.  I use the Times Microwave EZ-400
connectors with the captive pin.  No need to solder!

For LMR 600 I've been trying the new Times Microwave compression crimps.
They don't need any crimps or solder.  It's all done with a couple of
wrenches.  VERY nice so far.

Also, if you do nothing else, spend the money for the correct stripper and a
deburring tool.  Those will save you a LOT of time and trouble.

I don't do as many connections anymore, but I used to do 10 to 20 per week.
I still do 40 to 50 per year.  The right tools make the job sooo much easier
and I get better results.

Stay safe,
marlon