[TowerTalk] HP8761A

John Kemker john at kemker.org
Mon May 25 21:39:39 PDT 2009

Looking through my junk box, I found an HP8761A SPDT RF Switch with N
Female connectors on all three ports.

Has anybody used one of these for antenna switching on a common
feedline?  I'm not planning on putting anything over 100W through it.  I
figure, if I buy an amp, I should also plan on buying a heavy-duty
Tohtsu for switching duties.  Meanwhile, if I can use this switch, I can
save at least one run of hardline or direct-bury coax and the associated
costs, as I already have a spare pair of wires that will be running out
to the tower in the rotator cable.  I can energize that pair, either one
polarity or the other, when I need to switch antennas.

--
--JohnK
73 de W5NNH

---
Virus Database (VPS): 090525-0, 05/25/2009
Tested on: 5/26/2009 12:39:39 AM