[TowerTalk] HP8761A

John Kemker john at kemker.org
Tue May 26 10:20:35 PDT 2009

Okay, then it looks like I'll be going with the Tohtsu CZX-3500.  I can
mount that in a case reasonably easy and feed it with 12 vdc through the
rotator cable.

Bob Nielsen wrote:
> That peak rating is for very low duty factor applications, such as
> radar, and probably (although they don't specify it) only applies to
> a very short pulse.  Most of the HP components like this were
> intended for instrumentation applications (and are now produced by
> Agilent, which was spun off from HP).
>
> On May 26, 2009, at 8:28 AM, John Kemker wrote:
>

>> Yeah, that's why I'm asking others about it.  It's only rated for
>> 10W, but has a 5kW peak?  That's an interesting spread.  I wonder
>> why the large range between nominal rating and peak rating?

JohnK
73 de W5NNH
10X 75371/M&M 117/SMIRK 6185/TRA 2499/Norcross 228 F&AM

---
Virus Database (VPS): 090525-0, 05/25/2009
Tested on: 5/26/2009 1:20:36 PM