[TowerTalk] 10m OWA 24'

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Nov 2 14:52:17 PST 2009

On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 16:54:05 -0500, Bob wrote:

>If you change the taper or size of the elements it will change the
>performance.

Yes, BUT -- there are two nice pieces of software on CD that comes
with the ARRL Antenna Book that make it easy to solve this. One is
called "SCALE" I think -- it's a DOS program that lets you scale any
Yagi design from one frequency to another, and for almot any
combination of element tapers. The other is YW, or "Yagi for
Windows," which allows you to model virtually any Yagi based on its
dimensions.

A month or so ago, someone pointed me to an OWA design for a 4-el
15M Yagi, and I plugged it into YW. It models as described -- that
is, good performance, not overly sensitive to dimensions, and a good
match to 50 ohm cable. I haven't built it yet, but the elements are
in my side yard and I'm working on it.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC