[TowerTalk] RFI to HF rig

Michael Ryan mryan001 at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Nov 2 18:51:33 PST 2009

  A friend has just purchased a DLP 55" TV set. He said he researched the
web and was reading that there were fewer instances of RFI, buzzing, or
outright garbage being spewed by one of these sets than most.  After getting
it home and set up, he finds that this information WAS NOT ALTOGETHER
CORRECT. He has lots of grief especially on 20 mters.  My tower is right
over my house. The antennas are more likely to pick up the same sort of
stuff., perhaps more so than even at my friends house were his tower is
removed from the house a bit more.  I would love to hear ( off the reflector
of course ) about what HD TVs, SAMSUNG, SONY, whatever, based on your own
experiences, do not create headaches to your HF rig. Thanks for the
indulgence.   - Mike

database 4566 (20091102) __________

http://www.eset.com