[TowerTalk] Single point ground

Mike nf4l at nf4l.com
Tue Nov 3 14:00:11 PST 2009

I'm trying to balance the ideal and the practical.

The electric service (meter) enters one end of my 72' x 38' house. There
are two 8' ground rods at the meter.

The power runs thru the attic to a breaker box in the garage. The
breaker box, and my shack are about 50' feet toward the other end of the
house.

The tower is about even with the shack, and 8" from the eaves. It has
one 8' rod.

All the cables from the tower come in thru the eave and run in the attic
across the house (and right over the breaker box), then down into the shack.

Would it be a reasonable idea to pull a ground out of the breaker box,
and tie it to the tower and bring it into the shack also to tie all this
together?

Thanks,
Mike NF4L