[TowerTalk] Cushcraft A4 VSWR curves - Resolution

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Tue Nov 3 18:40:01 PST 2009

Here's the report with the solution to the bad VSWR experienced with the
Cushcraft A4 antenna in question...

"We took down the DE and completely went through it.  Severely corroded  pan
head screws, some moisture, and crud in the traps were a major item.
replaced the screws, cleaned and coated the contact areas of both the traps and
connections to adjacent sections, and then used small SS screws to enhance
every  joint of the DE.  Put it back up (a struggle) and very happy to report
that  it seems to work great.  All the minimum SWR points are where they
should  be and it looks like it will work FB on both modes.  total time of
project--about 4 hours."

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

Message: 9