[TowerTalk] Stainless Steel Mast

Craig Ervin z50r at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 4 08:50:51 PST 2009

Glad were all in agreement that the 1/4" walled 10 foot stick of stainless steel mask is more than up to the challenge, plus it won't rust  :)

They make structural pipe too.  ( not sold at Lowe's or Home Depot)  This what U.S tower uses to make there tower legs.  ASTM A53 Gd. B, A500 Gd. B ( F-y=46 ksi)  structural pipe

You should order a mask as stated by the manufacture of your tower.  i.e 1026 DOM tubing.

Here is a good website, as they list the yield strength http://www.onlinemetals.com/steelguide.cfm

Plus they have a weight calculator too.
http://www.onlinemetals.com/calculator.cfm

here a link to some A513 - Type 5 Steel DOM tubing
http://www.onlinemetals.com/merchant.cfm?id=283&step=2&top_cat=197

Or take the guess work out and order from here.
http://www.texastowers.com/steelmasts.htm

Craig