[TowerTalk] Detuning Your Tower

Pat Chiles chilesp at comcast.net
Fri Nov 6 07:21:48 PST 2009

I am in the process of erecting phased verticals on 80M and fear that it will be necessary to detune my tower which is close to one vertical.  In the 2nd edition of ON4UN's Low-Band DXing page 11-22 he provides a schematic diagram of the MFJ 931 artificial ground and states that it can be useful for detuning a tower.  He doesn't tell you how to use the device to achieve the detuning.  So my question this morning is anyone using this device to detune a tower  and is it's use any different than using the shunt wire and capacitor to detune the tower?

Thanks,

Pat, K8PC