[TowerTalk] Measuring voltage along an element

Jeff Carter towertalk at hidden-valley.com
Mon Nov 9 05:50:55 PST 2009

I haven't ever really given it a lot of thought, but wouldn't this be an
Ohm's Law problem?

In other words, couldn't you use the characteristic impedance (Z0) of your
antenna and then get the voltages by Voltage=CurrentxImpedance?  I realize
there's a possibility that the impedance will vary at different points, and
the voltage will lead or lag, but it strikes me that this is a good way to
get at least a rough idea.

Jeff/KD4RBG