[TowerTalk] Element straightness

Blair S Balden blair.balden at wmich.edu
Tue Nov 10 07:29:05 PST 2009

 Hi Bob,
I put up a used Cushcraft 10-4CD beam a little over a year ago.  After getting it assembled and before putting it up, I had it laying in the back yard.  My daughter's dog got it's line tangled up in the beam, and bent the reflector back (away from the driven element) on one side.  I straightened it up some before putting it on the tower, but it's still noticeably bent.  It seems to work great, just as expected.  From what I can tell there is no effect on the pattern, as I get the expected results when I point it.  SWR bandwidth is as expected.  So, I wouldn't worry about it.  It should be fine.
Blair, NP2F