[TowerTalk] HDR3-00 on the AS455G shelf?

al_n6ta at comcast.net al_n6ta at comcast.net
Tue Nov 10 22:18:21 PST 2009

Thanks for the info, John.
My problem is starting torque for the SteppIr with 40 M dipole mod.  he T2X worked FB on the TH6DXX but now the existing rotor seems to be very fussy about the alignment from the rotor thru the TB3 at the top plate.  In some directions, the beam will just not turn.  I have to be sure to NOT leave it in that position or I will make a trip up to assist while the XYL uses the control box.  I think the imbalance is also part of the issue and adjusting the shelf to adjust the alignment is not working out.
So, I either somehow fix the alignment, if that is really what is the problem, or get more starting torque.  I will review the HDR specs to ensure it is indeed better.  I do not think this SteppIR is a test for the HDR300 since the yagi is modest and I am not dealing with big-time winds.  Was it the key or the keyway?
Thanks for the words.
Al
N6TA