[TowerTalk] Guying 3 inch Irrigation Pipe

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Wed Nov 11 14:46:19 PST 2009

Admittedly I haven't used that much 3 inch irrigation tubing.  I have a
couple of lengths of 3 inch diameter (72 mil thick) stuff I bought from
Rain-for-Rent a few years ago and it was almost a perfect fit for 3 inch
ABS, but I wouldn't be surprised if other stuff wasn't as consistent.

Good to know about the well casing material for 4 inch irrigation
tubing, and I'll have to check that out.  Lots of wells get drilled out
here in the boonies of southern Arizona.  I still have about 70 feet of
the 4 inch irrigation tubing that I was never able to find a decent
sleeve for ... except for a very short piece of steel pipe I stumbled
across at a scrap metal place.  I welded eye bolts to it for guy
attachments.

Agreed on the sharp edges on the countersunk holes for the toilet
flange.  I just used a rat tail file to round them off.

73,
Dave   AB7E