[TowerTalk] Vertical Antenna Close to Fresh Water

John Geiger aa5jg at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 12 17:28:33 PST 2009

The most recent issue of National Contest Journal ran an article about verticals and ground losses.  It found that even with 120 radials, ground losses are fairly significant on 40m and below, at least.  They didn't do any tests above 40 meters.  The only way to prevent ground losses was to run the vertical right next to a body of salt water.

73s John AA5JG