[TowerTalk] Hustler 6BTV

Tom Anderson andersonww5l at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 3 12:02:38 PDT 2009

Fellow Tower Talkians:

I was recently given a Newtronics Hustler 6BTV in excellent comdition (thanks to W5BOS).  Anyone on Tower Talk currently using this antenna and have any suggestions on using,installing it in a home QTH setting?   Its been 20 years since I used a vertical.

I have a 50 ft. crankup with a 40/80 inverted vee and a Tennadyne T-10 log periodic along witha Buddipole I use for traveling, but thought I'd use the 6BTV as a supplementary and backup home antenna when sometimes verticals seem to work better on 40/80 especially (yes it does happen!).

Tom WW5L