[TowerTalk] man lifts

Roger (K8RI) K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Tue Oct 13 15:21:45 PDT 2009

Jack wrote:
> They are designed to move while extended
> These things are used in convention centers all over the world to
> hang signs, change lights etc...

Yes, but that is in a controlled environment with very flat and level
surfaces that offer plenty of support.
Still you normally work with the boom only partially extended overhead
and then move and extend the boom as needed. The one I used which was
not nearly a 100' had a placard right on the control box that said not
to move with the boom fully extended.

73

Roger (K8RI)