[TowerTalk] Reply - KW3000 with 1/2 inch Drill Motor - Wrongassumption in responses

Dennis Vernacchia n6ki73 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 17:11:32 PDT 2009

Chuck

I got hold of a Milwaukee Hole Hawg Drill .....and with my special drill
check to winch shaft adapter
.....the Hole Hawg turned slow enuf tilt the antenna system from Horizontal
to vertical  and back down !

Would like to slow it down a bit but have to let off trigger now and then,
to do that
as just can't find a drill with it's power and torque...and we fet a bit of
a bounce
in the system that I don't like when we abruptly stop and start the drill

Wonder if the Hole Hawg will tolerate a variac if it converts the Input 110
VAC to DC in teh Drill

Anyone have experience using a AC Variac on a Hole Hawg Drill to slow it

I was told that should work as long as teh drill is NOT an AC Induction
motor

73, Dennis N6KI