[TowerTalk] Newtons to Sq Ft ?

Dave Hachadorian K6LL at ARRL.net
Fri Oct 16 12:11:08 PDT 2009

600 newtons = 134.885366 pounds force

125 kilometers per hour = 77.671399 miles per hour

PSF = .004V^2
PSF @ 77.67 mph = .004(77.67)^2
PSF = 24.13

sq ft = (total pounds force / PSF)
sq ft = 134.9/24.1
sq ft = 5.60

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lance" <lanceh at futuretk.com>
To: <towertalk at contesting.com>
Sent: Friday, October 16, 2009 6:52 PM
Subject: [TowerTalk] Newtons to Sq Ft ?

Is there someone, here, who can direct me, or tell me, how
to convert,
or would convert 600N to sq ft wind load.

I have acquired a Titanex DLP-18, log periodic, and want to
make sure
my tower can handle it.  The only information I can find, is
from the
Titanex
web site, which states:  600N @ 120km/h.  I can convert the
km/h to
around 75mph.  Titanex has given me, absolutely, no response
to numerous
requests for information.

73
Lance WNØL