[TowerTalk] : Tension Gauge

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Thu Sep 17 04:45:38 PDT 2009

In a message dated 9/15/2009 2:47:57 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
n4zr at contesting.com writes:

>  Doesn't the Loos infer the tension by measuring the lateral  bending of
the cable under a given amount of load?  Seems to me that the  much greater
stiffness of EHS means that the readings would not be the same,  even though
the tension would be.  Unfortunately, I can't test this  because my EHS
tails are too long.

    Yes, but as you put more tension on a material it  becomes more
rod-like. I didn't see any variation in the test I did regardless  of the material;
e.g. EHS, Phillystran and 7x19 galvanized wire rope.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH