[TowerTalk] [ForSale-Swap] More Antenna Analyzers

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 19 07:07:21 PDT 2009

#1 is sort of lame, I'll agreee

#2 is fairly common with manufacturers who don't sell retail (many
don't, for good reasons).. As a mfr, you're sort of caught in a bind:
- don't put a MSRP out there, and make folks cranky that they have to
find a dealer to get a quote, and it's sometimes a pain to get a quote
from a dealer that has a wide range of lines they carry.
- put a MSRP out there, but it will be high, and then folks think your
widget is more expensive than it actually is.

Where I used to work, we used the latter strategy. We would sell factory
direct, but our price was significantly higher than any dealer would
sell it for, and we never gave discounts: we wanted our dealers
protected and incentivized to support our product. A typical dealer
price would be around half or twothirds of the "factory price".