[TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 81, Issue 48

AB5MM ab5mm at argontech.net
Mon Sep 21 12:43:25 PDT 2009

Lloyd, what are your thoughts on this?

Today's Topics:

    1. HB 3 ele 40m Beam (David Jordan)
    2. Re: HB 3 ele 40m Beam (Stan Stockton)
    3. Re: HB 3 ele 40m Beam (David  Thompson)

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 13:22:01 -0400
From: "David Jordan" <wa3gin at comcast.net>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HB 3 ele 40m Beam
To: <towertalk at contesting.com>

Hi Folks,

Finishing up final mechanical plans for the antenna and was wondering if
there is any consensus with regard to insulated parasitic elements. The
2" OD elements I'm using fit nicely into Electrical UV resistant PVC
which would allow for insulating the elements from the mast.  I also
thought it would aid in final tuning if I utilized a small amount of
inductance at the center of the director and reflector to fine tune
those elements.
Thoughts welcome,
Dave
Wa3gin
P.S. boom 48ft., Full-size or slightly less to accommodate center tuning
coil inductance.
Message: 2