[TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 81, Issue 56

Jon Casamajor k6el at comcast.net
Thu Sep 24 14:18:51 PDT 2009

Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 09:27:20 -0400

From: John <soundking at nyc.com>

Subject: [TowerTalk]  LMR400 vs BuryFlex, Response DAVIS RF,      Designer

      of Bury-Flex SHIPPING KILLS

To: k1qx at arrl.net

Cc: towertalk at contesting.com, j_stimson at davis-orionwiregroup.com,

      "sdavis at davisrf.com" <JCCLARK at radiusnorth.net>

      charset=iso-8859-15

Thank you Graig for your informative email.

I do understand ALL the economic problems. I was just pointing this out.

Here is a Great Product for a far price, and I can not get myself to
purchase it because of the cost of shipping. (SHIPPING KILLS)

Their is a local distributor here on L.I. that sells a cheap knockoff of
LMR400. They call it CA400. (Comes from China.)

They sell it for .59 per foot.

Bury-Flex sells for around .82 per foot.

Still makes the Bury-Flex worth it.

But when you add the shipping cost, it's no longer worth it!!!

What gets me is that their are several Wire and Cable distributor here on
L.I. and NO ONE stocks it!

Well, if Davis is wondering why their not selling more product this is one
BIG reason.

Thanks to all for reading.

John

N2GYN

==============================

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 07:44:35 -0400, Craig Clark <jcclark at radiusnorth.net>

wrote:

> Message: 10

> Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 14:48:31 -0400

> From: John <soundking at nyc.com>

> Subject: [TowerTalk]  LMR400 vs BuryFlex/ SHIPPING KILLS

> To: sdavis at davisrf.com

> Cc: towertalk at contesting.com, j_stimson at davis-orionwiregroup.com

>       charset=iso-8859-15

> This is a fine product but.............................,

> Shipping Kills!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> I called Davis and there is NO place local to buy this product.

> No Retail or Distrub.

> John

> N2GYN

Several months ago we bought a 500 foot reel of LMR400 equivalent called low
loss 400, from Jefa Tech in New Jersey I think. It actually beats LMR400
slightly at some frequencies.  I am not sure if they deal is still going but
they shipped the 500' reel, free via UPS ground. I see they now have a Ham
Radio Products page now so they know we exist and probably that we are
always looking for the sweet deal. Here is a link to the LL400 page. It is
very nice quality cable and I'm about ready to buy some LL600 from them for
a 900 MHz run up my tower.

http://www.jefatech.com/product/LL400B500/Low_Loss_400_Coax__500_ft_Reel.htm

Regards,

Jon-K6EL