[TowerTalk] Potting Compound for old style Phillystran guy lines

George (K8GG) & Marijke Guerin gmguerin at voyager.net
Fri Sep 25 05:28:15 PDT 2009

Hi All,

I have some 2100 lb rated Phillystran I want to shorten so I can reuse it.
I am told that the "new" socket ends are very expensive as is the potting
compound kit Phillystran will not sell me without an order for new ends.
I have some 5/16" stran-vices that I can use for end connectors, by removing
the jaws and compression spring.  Any suggestions on where I might find a
pint kit of an exceptable potting compound?

Thanks in advance & 73

George    K8GG