[TowerTalk] conversion inches to metrical

Roger (K8RI) K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Fri Sep 25 23:35:54 PDT 2009

Jorge Diez - CX6VM wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I need some help.
>

> i know 1 inch = 2,54 ctms.

So at this point you have determined to convert inches to centimeters
you simply multiply the figure in inches by 2.54 or 25.4 if you wish to
use millimeters.

> How about 16.375"? Is right to be 41,5925 ctms ?

16.375 in X 2.54 cm/in = 41.5925 cm on my calculator.
For something simple like this: IF you leave the units in the formula
"inches" cancel leaving the answer of 41.5925 cm. My Physics prof
wouldn't accept any calculation without the units properly canceling and
that was many years ago.<:-))

73

Roger (K8RI)