[TowerTalk] Field Day Antenna for 6M?

Larry Banks larryb.w1dyj at verizon.net
Sun Sep 27 12:58:50 PDT 2009

Hi TT'ers,

I am a member of the W1HP Philips Medical ARC -- ex. HP Medical ARC -- in Andover, MA.  For ten years we have been using a homebrew 3-el. 6M antenna, boom length 66", calculated gain from YO ~5½ dBd for Field Day.  (It's on a 20 foot push up pole -- or "tower" -- just to keep this on target...)

We would like to improve this antenna -- and I don't want to homebrew another one.  What are your suggestions and recommendations for a new antenna.  Here are the specs:
  a.. 4 or 5 elements
  b.. lightweight
  c.. easy to assemble
  d.. easy to transport -- probably would make a good rover antenna
  e.. breaks down to be easy to store (not much room in the W1HP shack)

I look forward to your input.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ