[TowerTalk] Vertical antennas and lightning

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Sun Aug 1 13:13:46 PDT 2010

I'm no expert, but I think that's missing the point.  As I understand
it, the purpose of using lightning protectors and grounding everything
to common points, etc is to keep everything at a common potential to
avoid damage from a strike.  I don't think there is anything in the
world you can do to prevent a strike, but leaving everything ungrounded
is almost a guarantee that a strike will cause damage.

Dave   AB7E