[TowerTalk] Rohn work platform

w8zn at comcast.net w8zn at comcast.net
Thu Aug 5 05:29:03 PDT 2010

I have used one for about two years on a Rohn 55 tower. If you are working at one level for a long period of time, they make a huge difference in leg fatigue being completely vertical vs leaning back slightly. I have a very comfortable harness with lots of padding but after three or four hours on a tower my back still hurts, using the platform really helps this.

If you are moving around alot, they are kinda a pain to keep moving so you have to judge what you are doing and the worthfulness of it for a particular job.

Terry