[TowerTalk] Proximity to power lines

Tony Brock-Fisher barockteer at aol.com
Mon Aug 9 04:05:10 PDT 2010

Bill-

I have high tension lines running literally over the corner of my property, less than 100 feet from my tower. I survive! What I find is I get much more trouble from low tension stuff on my street than I do from the 115KV lines. The power company pays really close attention to the big stuff - not so much to the lower voltages.

In my case the lines are on 60' poles. I have heard horror stories from others who are near HT lines on metal towers. Apparently the metal towers rust and corrode and become radiating monsters....

So one more data point - it can be done.

Tony, K1KP