[TowerTalk] Tower Insurance

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Mon Aug 16 15:42:06 PDT 2010

In a message dated 8/16/2010 1:11:05 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
nv8a at charter.net writes:

>  My insurance agent told me that the tower is considered  an "accessory
structure" -- same as "appurtenant (auxiliary?)  structure???? -- IF it
is "attached to" the building. The "attachment" may  be nominal but
cannot be merely the electrical  connections.

        A customer of mine in  W6-land had a piece of plumbers tape (that
soft metal with holes in it) attached  with a hose clamp to the tower leg and
nailed to the side of the house so that  made it legally "attached".

        Yes, it's an accessory  structure. Read Ray's article and be
enlightened. He also wrote the Insurance  chapter in my UP THE TOWER book. He DA
MAN!

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
_www.championradio.com_ (http://www.championradio.com)