[TowerTalk] Lifting Mechanism for a Tower

Jon Pearl - Laptop jonpearl at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Aug 16 20:00:40 PDT 2010

Hi Tony.

http://www.harborfreight.com/1300-lb-capacity-electric-hoist-2954.html
I use one of these that's attached to a welded aluminum plate/shelf that is
bolted to the side of my tower where the Fulton style winch was originally
mounted.  It's essentially an engine hoist that's mounted in an inverted
fashion to lift sections #2 and #3 (355 lbs. for the pair) of my US Tower
TX-455.  It works well for the few times a year that I actually drop the
tower and it's relatively quick.  All of the boat hoists below are driven by
reduction pulleys and worm gear and are a bit slower but I'm sure they'll
outlast the hoist that I'm using.

http://www.americanwinchesandhoists.com/
Long, about the middle of this page you'll find "The difference between a
winch and a hoist."

http://www.dockgear.com/productdocs/bhusa-boat-hoist-equipment-guide.pdf
Some background info on boat hoists...

http://www.dockgear.com/ProductCart/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=9
There's a plethora of this stuff out there...

73,

Jon Pearl - W4ABC
www.w4abc.com