[TowerTalk] Flying critters

Roger (K8RI) K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Tue Aug 17 00:36:47 PDT 2010

On 8/16/2010 8:26 PM, K0DAN wrote:
> Yup right back at ya!
>
> First: I am not a doctor.
>
> But I think the distinction is
> a) ease the pain of a sting (meat tenderizer)
> vs
If it is done immediately it will neutralize most of the venom reducing
the likely hood of shock, but should not be relied on in place of the
epi-pen.
The Allergist told me that if after using "Adolph's" I did not notice
swelling in the throat, elevated pulse,  rapid breathing/shortness of
breath, it should be OK. I do not mean this as medical advice. It is
only what I was told. Other doctors may treat differently with different
patients.
> b) go into anaphalactic shock due to allergy (have an Epi-Pen or a nearby
> ambulance)
>
> Maybe there are shades of gray.
Many

73