[TowerTalk] Flying critters 2

r miles greenacres113 at charter.net
Sun Aug 22 11:02:06 PDT 2010

At about 38 degrees F insects [ most] become  inactive. Too cool for them to function. Spray can fire exting. that use CO2 or contact cleaner that sprays on cold can make a nest or hive inactive. The spray stuff to cool electronic components works also. Use it & you have 10 minutes on a hot day to remove them. I'm immune but I've used those products when I have a helper to  remove nests. Spray the hive well then drop the hive in a plastic garbage bag. If  you seal the bag & leave it in the sun by   tomorrow no more insects.
Wear long sleeved clothing, gloves & a winter knit  hat & scarf. You may look silly on a hot day but basicly your face is the only exposed area. At least you can see them coming.
k9il