[TowerTalk] OT: Satellite Internet

Bill Gillenwater gillie at pa.net
Thu Aug 26 10:18:00 PDT 2010

I used a DirecTV/DirecWAY internet satellite for several years. It works
fine. It was almost DSL speed but not cable modem speed. This was 4 years
ago, so higher speeds may be available. Beats the heck out of the old
telephone modem hookup. I have even seen some motor homes with the DirectTV
satellite service and they are very happy with it.  As long as you don't
have to go through any VPN type networks (some business networks have
multiple firewall gadgets) it will work fine. I was happy. Lived in the
woods and on top of a mountain with not hope of cable or DSL.
73 Bill K3SV