[TowerTalk] OT: Satellite Internet

Ryan Jairam rjairam at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 19:37:05 PDT 2010

Any chance of getting a fixed wireless ISP?  That would be better than
any satellite ISP.

Satellite is better than dialup, but not by much.

There is nothing you can do about the latency. That is purely due to
the laws of physics. (Signal must make it up to the bird then back
down, signal travels at the speed of light, no faster)

Ryan, N2RJ

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 1:08 PM, Dan Bookwalter <n8dcj at yahoo.com> wrote:
> please send any responses to my personal email , n8dcj at yahoo.com
>
> I have moved to a place with no land based broadband internet availability (no
> DSL or RoadRunner). Does anyone have any experience with satellite ? I am
> concerned about the latencies , the sales guy at WildBlue claims 250-500
> millisecond which i can live with , but , everywhere on the internet i see it is
> more like 2000 milliseconds. I do not think i can get any wireless stuff either
> as i am surrounded by tree's.
>
> Dan N8DCJ

Ryan A. Jairam,